http://scrap-utopia.blogspot.com.auhttp://scrap-utopia.blogspot.com.au/p/scrapbooking-resume.htmlhttp://scrap-utopia.blogspot.com.au/p/gallery.htmlhttp://scrap-utopia.blogspot.com.au/p/design-teams.html

Wednesday, March 30, 2011

March Prima Palette - Go Green!

As posted before, the March Prima Product Pick and Palette features gorgeous shades of green as shown on this picture.
Since green has always been one of my favorite colors, i was very excited to do this challenge.  I was quick to browse through my stash at home and then look in every nook and corner of my local scrapbooking store for any green Prima products i could use.  There were so many flowers i had seen on the Prima website that i would have loved to use like these and these, but i was afraid that they wouldn't come in time if i ordered them. If only i could one day have a limitless money supply, so i could buy every Prima flower available, i would be one contented lady! But until then, here is my layout...

One with Nature
Here is a list of all Prima products used:  (paper) Moulin Rouge "La Chat", Fairy Flora "Summer Storm", Jack n' Jill "Green Fields"; (flowers & leaves) Rose Leaves (540456), De Soie (546656), Cloissone Bronze (538972), Lovely Fabric Leaves (547523), Pearl Penache Ice Castle (538491), Butterflies (543860); (other) Pearls, Clear Stamps Fauna (850739)
The quote is from one of my favorite authors and went perfectly with the theme and my picture which, needless to say, was taken on a very windy day.  Mother Nature was dancing and twirling like crazy!
The big shiny green flower displayed here is from the Bronze Cloissone pack. It is breathtaking! Instead of the pearls around the center, it had little gems which i found were not the right kind of green for the rest of my page, so i removed them and put the pearls instead.
For a more textured effect, I decided to wrap the chipboard circle with lacy ribbon that i dyed green using Glimmer Mist. The green title were also colored using Glimmer Mist.
 The butterfly was originally beige as well as the little rose and guess what turned them green?  Yep, Glimmer Mist - hehe  I used a Prima Clear Stamp with Distress Ink on the border of the paper to give it a little more green.
  
So now, who said it wasn't easy being green!? ;-)


2 comments:

  1. Hi Nicole!
    Congrats on winning Zva products! I'm having some problems logging into my Live-account.
    Can you email me your address to camilla-ekman@telia.com instead?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Totally gorgeous LO !!!! Congratulations on being featured once again I can totally see why!!!!! Beautiful!!! Love your journalling too!!! Would love for you to play along at Once Upon a Sketch too...:)
    Lou xx

    ReplyDelete