http://scrap-utopia.blogspot.com.auhttp://scrap-utopia.blogspot.com.au/p/scrapbooking-resume.htmlhttp://scrap-utopia.blogspot.com.au/p/gallery.htmlhttp://scrap-utopia.blogspot.com.au/p/design-teams.html

Saturday, March 5, 2011

Three Times' A Charm

I have been quite busy scrappin' lately, entering contests and challenges and submitting layouts to magazines.  I was very excited this week to being picked a random winner of a $30 prize pack from ZVA Creative (*BLING*) just by participating in their blog-hop last weekend and posting a comment on one of their design team's beautiful projects.  It was as as easy as 1, 2, 3 and it was my 3rd win since i started blogging. Speaking of 3's, here are the 3 layouts i'm sharing with you today:

Frosty Treats
Like a lot of my layouts, this one was inspired by a design at my favorite scrapbooking store, Scrapbook Craze in Bathurst, NB (soon to have a Facebook page, i hear!).  The original layout was made using the BoBunny Midnight Frost collection which i have yet to use, but can't wait.  I guess i'm saving it for a rainy day - hehe  Anyhow, i decided to use the just as pretty Fancy Pants' Hot Chocolate collection. Most of the chipboard pieces are from Maya Road.  The pictures date back to 2007, but the page comes just in time for the 2011 Canadian Maple Syrup season! Yum!

Gracious Quietude
I don't want to brag, but i LOVE how this layout turned out.  The thing is, although i normally love all that BoBunny does, i wasn't too convinced about this paper at first.  After months of hesitation, i finally decided to give it a go.  And now, i have to say this is one of my faves!  The paper collection is Peacock Lane and i'm glad that i have lots of it left to eventually turn it into pretty cards :)

With Purpose
So it all started off with this sticker i had of this quote "The first thing to do in life is to do with purpose what one purposes to do" which i found inspirational. Call me vain, but i do enjoy making layouts about myself (see... i don't have kids of my own so i'm often limited in the pictures i can scrapbook so blame that more than vanity - hehe).  The collection used is Basic Grey's Marjolaine (pretty name for pretty paper) and the title was done using both KaiserCraft and MayaRoad alphabet chipboard. I passed it in my Cuttlebug to give it a plaid embossed look.  All chipboard pieces were painted using Glimmer Mist.

A little close-up of the flower arrangement... and my 'purposeful' face :)

No comments:

Post a Comment