http://scrap-utopia.blogspot.com.auhttp://scrap-utopia.blogspot.com.au/p/scrapbooking-resume.htmlhttp://scrap-utopia.blogspot.com.au/p/gallery.htmlhttp://scrap-utopia.blogspot.com.au/p/design-teams.html

Sunday, August 28, 2011

100% Original (Get PIcky Aug Sketch 11)

I'm just in the nick of time to enter this layout for August Sketch Challenge 11 at Get Picky!  I was so worried that i wouldn't get it done on time after having worked on it all night and having had some major technical difficulties!  This layout is part of a 2-page spread, but i wasn't able to finish the 2nd page (inspired by Dusty Attic's monthly sketch) since my Martha Stewart Doily Lace punch totally broke on me at the last minute! I will be off to Walmart later on today, hoping that they have it in stock!  If not, i'll have to start going through my list of scrappy friends to see who's nice enough to lend me theirs :-P

Anyhow, this part of my double-page layout is completely done and can easily stand on its own (good thing since the deadline at Get Picky is in less than an hour!!!) so i can happily share it with you.

Here is the sketch that inspired me:
And here is my layout:
My niece Ella is definitely unique at 6 years old.  She has just started to pose for the camera and was in her serious phase at that time. A few months later, she lost her two front teeth and then, low and behold, entered her full-fledge smiling phase.  Makes for interesting pictures to come soon! hehe

The paper collection i used is My Mind's Eye Stella and Rose.  Flowers are Prima, bling is from ZVA Creative and all the wonderful chipboard pieces are from Dusty Attic, no doubt one of my best discoveries in the scrapbooking world this year!

Now i'm off in a jiffy to link up my layout right HERE, with only a few minutes to spare!  Wish me luck! :-)  I will be back soon with the 2nd page to this double-pager!

2 comments:

  1. Gorgeous LO! LOL!! And just in the nick of time! Well done. I love all your detail! Wow! The stitching, awesome! Thanks so much for playing with us at Get Picky..x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the large embellished border and the dymo too! Thanks so much for joining in with us @ Get Picky!

    ReplyDelete