http://scrap-utopia.blogspot.com.auhttp://scrap-utopia.blogspot.com.au/p/scrapbooking-resume.htmlhttp://scrap-utopia.blogspot.com.au/p/gallery.htmlhttp://scrap-utopia.blogspot.com.au/p/design-teams.html

Monday, July 9, 2012

Bal des Finissants (My Creative Sketches)

A few months ago, my cousin Cynthia gave me some old pictures of her high school prom ("Bal des Finissants" in French), dating back to 1993, to scrapbook.  I found the colors to be a bit of a challenge, but i finally got around to creating the first page of what will eventually be a double-page layout.

My inspiration for this page was the June sketch at My Creative Sketches:
After hours of searching through my paper stash, i finally opted for some leftover papers from BoBunny's Peacock Lane collection which, along with Dusty Attic's chipboard peacock feather, seemed to go quite well with the colors in the pictures and the 90's theme.


 I made the purple flowers myself with the Donna Salazar Carnation Creations' Spellbinders Die.
The tule trim is from Webster's Pages and the chandelier from Dusty Attic.  I covered all DA chipboard in this layout with black Distress Stain followed with black Stickles.

Now i'm ready to work on page 2 of this double-page layout.  My cousin will hopefully be proud of the finished result for her keepsake album.  :)

7 comments:

  1. Absolument magnifique! J'adore les plumes de paon et le chandelier.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous page...I love the peacock feather. Thanks for playing along with us!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous page love the colour combination. Thanks for taking part in the challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for dropping by my blog Nicole :). Your page is gorgeous, I love the colours you chose!

    ReplyDelete
  5. U have done a great job matching ur page & photos! Those prom photos rock!! Thanx for playing at My Creative Sketches

    ReplyDelete
  6. A super card! Love the choices of colors and embellishment :)

    pay per click traffic

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think you really did this tricky color palette justice! The pop of lime green is the perfect touch, and glittered black accents are perfect for the pics...wonderful job!

    ReplyDelete