http://scrap-utopia.blogspot.com.auhttp://scrap-utopia.blogspot.com.au/p/scrapbooking-resume.htmlhttp://scrap-utopia.blogspot.com.au/p/gallery.htmlhttp://scrap-utopia.blogspot.com.au/p/design-teams.html

Monday, December 17, 2012

All I Want For Christmas (My Creative Sketches GDT Reveal))

If you fell in love (as i did!) with the Limited Edition kit from My Creative Scrapbook which i had the pleasure of creating with this month as a Guest Designer (see my post HERE), well, you will be happy to know that the MCS kits are so jam-filled with goodies that i had scraps enough to create a 5th layout that was inspired by the December sketch at My Creative Sketches.


Click HERE for more information on how to play along with this sketch challenge.  You'll see the fab creations of the sketch blog DT and some of MCS' DT too.  And as like every month, there's a fabulous prize to be won if you decide to get inspired!

At first, i thought for sure that i would have to use other products from my stash to complete this layout as i had very little left over from my kit, barely enough to make a few cards.  But looking at the sketch and looking at my scraps, i thought 'Hey, maybe, just maybe, i can make this work!'  And i did!  I'm quite pleased with the result too.  I did add a few chipboard pieces and some bling that were not included in the kit, but everything else comes from gorgeous MCS LE kit!

Let's look at some details:

 This wreath was a picture on the KaiserCraft Turtle Dove paper and it was a bluish-grey, and very pretty as is, but it didn't quite go with the colors of my layout so i used a little Snow-Tex and markers to rev it up a bit.  I used the same technique on the big tree on the left.


  The quality of the pictures is awful i know, but Winter in Atlantic Canada is awful too!  hehehe

I know, i know, that's no excuse!  I'll have to go in search of the perfect lighted area in my house to take pictures of my projects.  Seriously, though, it doesn't help that when i leave in the morning to go to work, it's dark outside and by the time i come home, 8 hours later, it's just as dark.  I can't wait for the days to start getting longer again in a week or so!


2 comments:

  1. Love the layout and your take on the sketch Beautiful!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is beautiful!!! Love what you did to make the wreath and Xmas tree match your layout!!!

    ReplyDelete