http://scrap-utopia.blogspot.com.auhttp://scrap-utopia.blogspot.com.au/p/scrapbooking-resume.htmlhttp://scrap-utopia.blogspot.com.au/p/gallery.htmlhttp://scrap-utopia.blogspot.com.au/p/design-teams.html

Monday, February 11, 2013

Love Ride (My Creative Scrapbook GDT)

It's time to share a little more details of my 3rd layout created with the February Main Kit from My Creative Scrapbook, for which i had the pleasure of guest designing for the last 3 months.

Yes, 3 times a guest designer, hopefully someday a full-time MCS designer! :)  I keep my fingers crossed, but whatever the outcome i feel blessed to have been able to be part of their excellent team since December.

I am very happy about this layout.  I took more creative risks than i'm used to while working with different mediums, mostly gesso and embossing paste.  I will be sharing a tutorial with you later on this month on how i achieved the brick background and the whitewashing.
  When i received my Main Kit and saw the tandem bicycle (made for two) sticker from the Crate Paper Fourteen collection, i knew i just had to scrapbook this picture of my cousin Stephanie and her partner Daniel on their wedding last June.  Both being huge bike fans, they looked awesome posing in front of their tandem bike outside the church after the ceremony.

How do you like this 'messy' look?  I would love your feedback.  I think it's a technique that i will try again as i love the way it turned out, despite all the stress while i was 'ruining' my page with gesso. hehe

Keep visiting this month to see how i did this brick background.

And YAY!  It's official...  I have reached 200+ followers!  So, on February 14th, i will be sharing with you my last project created with the MCS Main Kit PLUS 2 cool giveaways for you, my followers, to win!

2 comments:

  1. WOWOw j'adore ton effet de brique avec quoi la tu fais et ta page est vraiment superbe !!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this gorgeous LO and texture technique. Thanks for sharing the techniques.

    Huggies
    Rachelle
    xxx

    ReplyDelete