http://scrap-utopia.blogspot.com.auhttp://scrap-utopia.blogspot.com.au/p/scrapbooking-resume.htmlhttp://scrap-utopia.blogspot.com.au/p/gallery.htmlhttp://scrap-utopia.blogspot.com.au/p/design-teams.html

Friday, September 12, 2014

Home Canvas Set (Meg's Garden DT Reveal)

It's already time for my 2nd DT reveal for Meg's Garden.

How fast time flies!


I am sharing with you today a canvas set that I created as a special order from a neighbour who wanted to give it as a gift to her brother.  She had a lot of old and new pictures as keepsakes for her brother's life. 
I immediately thought that the Meg's Garden Correspondence collection would be perfect to document all these treasured memories from the past and present.

The first and main canvas measures 12" x 12", featuring the most recent pictures of the man's life.

Large Canvas



I used a mixture of papers from both the Correspondence and Gentleman collections, many embellishments available on the Meg's Garden website as well as lots of 2Crafty chipboard.
All papers were distressed and misted with various color inks to give the canvases a more aged look.


The big Moonlight fabric flower seen above was a perfect focal point for the flower cluster 
on the large canvas as it is quite large itself, measuring at 11cm diameter.
I gave it a more antique look by dabbing brown ink on it followed by white paint. 
The Puffy Paper Flowers were just as perfect, being that they're very thick and ideal for giving added dimension and relief to such a project.
 

Adding a strip of Burlap Trim covered by the Watchband Silver Trim 
gave just the right amount of antique and at the same time pizzazz to my canvases.


You can see here a close-up of the mixed media techniques I used on my canvas.  I started off adding layers of the beautiful Meg's Garden papers.  I then used a stencil with molding paste to add texture and then went crazy with the mists and white paint for whitewashing.  Then I topped everything off with this 2Crafty title and key which I rusted up a bit with gesso and mists.


More close-ups of the details...


And finally a sideways look to show you the depth of the canvas.


Each side canvas I used to document the earlier memories and older pictures 
measure 15" x 6" approximately and were less deep.

Small Canvas 1


Small Canvas 2


I added some several family-themed quotes that I already had in my stash.
Below it is another beautiful 2Crafty piece.

 
I also added a few pieces of the Round Silver Diamante Trim with a brown gem inside each centre.


Below you see a chipboard keyhole that I covered with gesso, 
glimmer mists and paint to give it an old rusted look.


Wanting to keep the same look constant across the 3 canvases, I put smaller flower clusters on each smaller canvas along with butterflies from the Butterflies Collage Art ATC Paper.

 


One last look at some precious childhood memories...


My neighbour was very happy with the finished result
and I dare say that I made her shed a few tears.
She couldn't believe the finite details and the amount of
beautiful flowers and products used.

I told her that it was thanks to some amazing Design Teams
which I am blessed to be part of.
  
Visit the Meg's Garden blog for more inspiration from all the DT girls
and check out all the amazing products available in the shop. 

List of supplies used from Meg's Garden Shop
The Gentleman Collection 
Gentleman (P6407)
The Correspondence Collection 
Distressed Letter (P6402)
Letter from Tucson 1909 (P6403)
Mademoiselle Louise (P6405)
Butterflies Collage Art ATC paper (ATC015) 
Fabric Flowers 
Moonlight (mh003-4)

Paper Flowers & Leaves 
Puffy Paper Flowers (puffies)
Small Roses white 2 cm (008wh)
Watchband Silver Trim (RBY47)
Round Silver Diamante Trim (RBY28)
Rafia & Burlap
Coffee Burlap/Jute 38mm (burco)
Jute Twine (twine)

3 comments: