http://scrap-utopia.blogspot.com.auhttp://scrap-utopia.blogspot.com.au/p/scrapbooking-resume.htmlhttp://scrap-utopia.blogspot.com.au/p/gallery.htmlhttp://scrap-utopia.blogspot.com.au/p/design-teams.html

Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Vintage Memories Album (Meg's Garden DT Project)

Hello everyone!

If you're a fan of Meg's Garden products, you've probably all heard about their fabulous new release... 
the Sherlock Book Kit 
which includes beautiful papers designed by Kerry-Jean Watson
and several embellishment pieces to create a fabulous mini book or whatever else your heart desires.
These Mini Book Kits are available in a download printable or in a printed version.  
Click HERE to learn more.

All DT girls have been provided with 2 of these kits in order to show you
an example of what can be created with them.

Here is my first project using the Sherlock Book Kit.

Vintage Memories Album


I decided to start with the Edgy Cascading Chipboard Album from Bo Bunny as a base.

Alternating between different paper designs and copper metallic paint 
made each edge of the album stand out and helped emphasize each different layer.


All products used in the creation of this album comes from Meg's Gargen
except for chipboard pieces, doilies, stickers, gems, cardstock and various paints.

On the COVER (seen below), I added lots of paper flowers from the Meg's Garden website
as well as many of the metal and bead embellishments that came with my kit.


Now let's look at each section one by one...

PAGE 1 & 2


The papers in the Book Kit come with many vintage pieces that you can cut out
and distress as seen below.




PAGE 3 & 4


I added a lot of places for pictures and journaling in my album.
Here, you can see one of the journaling card pockets that is included in the kit.
I inserted a tag on which one can write their own story or even add a mini print.





PAGE 5 & 6


Again, some of the many vintage cut-outs from the Sherlock paper.



And here, you can see several of the metal embellishments that I received with my kit.
I covered some of them with metallic copper paint to match my album base.



PAGE 7 & 8


The kit comes with many antique lined papers in order to add journalling to your project.


And my favorite part....  Tags!


PAGE 9 & 10






I counted and with these 3 spots on the last page, 
my album can hold as many as 13 pictures.

I decided to not add pictures myself
as I plan on giving this album as a gift to someone special.



And now because all good things must come to an end...
the BACK COVER.


Thank you for joining me today
and stay tuned for other projects created with this wonderful Meg's Garden kit.


No comments:

Post a Comment